Description: Tunisian Crochet can be described as a cross between crochet and knitting. It uses an elongated crochet hook with a stopper at the end. Students will learn how to get started, the forward & reverse concept, and a standard bind off. This class will focus on completing one spa cloth. At the end of the class series, students will be familiar with reading Tunisian Crochet patterns and gain proficiency in basic stitches.
Saturday, July 8 from 10am to 12pm
Saturday, July 22 from 10:30am to 11:30am
This class will be taught in 2 sections.
- Session 1 (July 8) is an introduction to Tunisian Crochet and covers: cast on, three Tunisian crochet stitches, standard return pass, and chained edges (2 hours)
- Session 2 (July 22) covers binding off and blocking.
*Please note: Students are strongly encouraged to complete homework between sessions
Cost: $45 for three hours of instruction.
- Yarn: 60-70 yds of worsted or aran yarn in a cotton or cotton/linen blend (the sample was made using Zooey Aran from Juniper Moon Farm)
- Needles: Tunisian Crochet Hook size J 6.0mm
- Notions: One locking stitch marker
Techniques Covered: Cast On, Bind Off, Tunisian Simple Stitch, Tunisian Knit Stitch, Tunisian Reverse Stitch, and Standard Return Pass.
Please note this workshop is for adults only (ages 13 and up).
Students receive a 10% discount on materials they purchase for their class from The Knitting Tree, L.A.
PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK THE "Pickup: 1 business day" shipping option when checking out your shopping cart. This will ensure that you are not charged shipping fees on your class payment!
We do require a 72-hour advance notice for cancellations. No refunds, partial or full, will be given for cancellations made less than 72 hours prior to the start of the event.